Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hump Day

Making it

Wednesday again..... Half way through the work week.  I am super excited because my organic Cacao Nibs came in the mail yesterday. I ordered them off amazon.com and they came as two bags I am super excited to use them. Notice the Bag Says Mayan Super food :) Doesn't that make you feel good? It makes me feel good, I love that Chocolate aka Cacao in its very natural form is really good for you. 


I decided to make Chocolate Macaroons with my organic super food Cacao, now it doesn't look that great in the bowl but I assure they taste really YUMMY. 

1 1/2 Cups unsulphered, dried Flaked Coconut
3 TBS Almond or Cashew butter
4-8 TBS Agave nectar or (real)maple syrup 
2 TBS Coconut Butter
2 tsp Vanilla Extract 
pinch of salt
1/4 cup Cocoa Powder or Carob Powder 
1/4 Cup Cacao Nibs and Gogi Berries

Stir all ingredients together in a bowl, Roll into balls and refrigerate. 
Freeze for longer storage

Healthy Dinner Ideas

I don't like to spend lots of time cooking dinner in the evening so these two dinners from this week were perfect and we enjoyed both of them so they were worth a picture and post. 

Baked Parmesan Chicken with a Side of Broccoli 
Deviled Eggs and Black Bean Brownies for Dessert 

Small Avocado filled with Quinoa and topped with shredded cheese,
 then warned up in microwave for a few seconds to melt the cheese 
served with some chips and salsa on the side

Breakfast

I used to be really good about having my breakfasts all ready to go for myself in the morning, and I always had oatmeal in a small container that I could eat at work. Lately my breakfasts have been kind of inconsistent and I was thinking that I wanted to get back to my oatmeal routine. So I am trying some overnight oats. 

photo.JPG
3/4 cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 Cup Milk
1 1/2 TBS Peanut Butter 
2 Tsp Brown Sugar or Honey
1 Tsp Chia
1 Tsp Flax 
(I also through on a couple of dark chocolate nibs since I had them out) 
Leave in Bowl over night, and Milk if needed in the AM 

I Hope this is Yummy!!!!

Coming up 

Interested in Some Healthy Eating Tips???

Join S & S Fitness April 11th from 5-6 pm for Summer Shape up Healthy Tips ! $3.00/person and open to the public. Contact Sasha Sandor or Jaci Egler Lowther for more info!

Email: sasha.sandor@yahoo.com
Phone: (231) 638-0868


No comments:

Post a Comment