Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Park to Park 1/2 Marathon Recap- Running as a Pacer


Park 2 Park 1/2 Marathon 

So I think that I finally have all the pictures from this run for a race re-cap post. This was my 4th year participating in the Park to Park 1/2 Marathon but this year was different. I was a PACER and super excited about it. I am not going to lie I was a little worried about staying on pace but we had lots of GPS watch's and Map My Run App's going so that helped a lot. A 9:00 minute pace is a nice conversational pace for my sister and I so we really enjoyed being able to chat with other runners and encourage them along the route. When you are a pacer the run is not about "you" its about being out their for other runners. As a pace group we were blessed/honored to be out there as a support person for other runners. 

Here are all the Pacers !! What a good Looking Group #P2P +Gazelle Sports 

Pre-Race Not sure who took this picture off us taking a Selfie !! 
"Your Pace or Theirs" 



Heading Towards the Holland State Park, 
look at that big group of people hanging with us !!!
+Gazelle Sports +Holland Hospital #P2P #1/2Marathon


Turning the Corner in the State Park Parking lot, 
you can kind of see Big Red in the background
#hollandstatepark #bigred  


We Made it to the Finish Line, over all we ended up a few seconds off of being exactly on pace our over pace was 8:58. 
When you see the finish it is hard to reign it in sometime because you just want to go !!!! 
We had a Great group of pacers 
from Left to Right Sara Helder,Scott Charles, Melissa (Me), Matt Lane



Post Race Pictures and Celebration


I also want to give a shout out to all the friends that were Running the Park to Park, I am super pumped to have talked so many people into running this great race. 


Heidi, Former XC Runner and Andy my Husbands Friend 


My Husband Travis

Jamie- Friend of ours


Jobie-Running group Friend, Park to Park Pacer and Organizer



 Jessica (in the purple) Work Friend, and Whitney Work friend 




No comments:

Post a Comment