Search This Blog

Saturday, March 8, 2014

What a day

Wahoo!!! we started out the day at 30 degrees today, and it felt so good to go for a run this morning and not be freezing cold with icicles hanging from eyelashes. Morning Run was about 11.5 miles total and it felt great. 

Coffee at Jp's as usual after my run and then a great chat with my new/old friend Krissy, we knew who each other was from high school but we didn't really hang out, now we are in the same small group at church and we met this morning to chat about running and fitness. Which led to Krissy getting an awesome new pair of running shoes at Gazelle Sports. With all the people that I have introduced to running and taken there to get a good pair of running shoes they should recruit me ( LOL) Anyways back to shoes... she got a sweet pair of purple Nike's, they weren't these exact shoes but the color of these was pretty close. I am super excited for Krissy and hope that her journey into running is a great one. 
I also had to try on a few shoes while I was there.. I really did need some new Running shoes mine are really starting to wear thin in the front, and the ground is getting closer :) Time for new ones... I decided I wanted to try something different. I normally go right for the Asics but I had Mizuno on the brain. I came home with the Mizuno Inspires and I am looking forward to many run with them. 

Displaying photo 4.JPG

I have been asked a lot about what I eat and for good recipes so here a few for they day. I spent the afternoon doing a little baking and prep for the week to come. 

First I made Some more Black Bean Brownies

Displaying photo 3.JPG

Ingredients: 
1 1/2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Black Beans or Garbanzo Beans Rinsed 
4 Eggs
2/3 Cups Agave or Brown Rice Syrup 
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder


Melt Chocolate Chips slightly 

In Blender or Food Processor, Combine beans and eggs 

Add Sweetener, Baking Powder, and Chip, Process until Smooth 

Pour into a 9 in Non Stick Pan

Bake 350 , 35-45 Minutes 

Second I made Protein balls 

Peanut Butter, Chia Seeds, Raw Cacao Nibs, Honey, Protein Powder, Oats, mix together until you can roll into a ball. 

Sorry I didn't really measure just kind of Threw it all together. 

Other stuff you can put in them, Flax Seeds, Acai Berries, Dried Cranberries, Chocolate Chips.. Etc.... you can kind of play with the recipe and have fun with the ingredients. 

Displaying photo 2.JPG

Last but not least I made Gluten Free Peanut Butter Banana Muffins 

Click here for Recipe 

Displaying photo 1.JPG

Oh and the other day while at Target I found this super cute workout top :) Target is just trouble for me sometimes I always come out with more then what I went there for. hehe 

Displaying photo 2.JPG

Displaying photo 1.JPG

Anyways those are my Ramblings for the day. Have a Great weekend 

No comments:

Post a Comment