Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Florida Sun

We left on March 7 to visit my Grand Parents in Naples Florida. It was an OK day here in Michigan, it wasn't snowing or blowing and the roads were clear so we made it the GRR airport on time and our flight departed on time which was nice.

Coming in for a Landing 

By  2:30 we were hanging out in Naples Florida. Travis was not feeling the best he kind of had the start of a cold so we just went for a walk and just hung out our first afternoon there, which worked out ok b/c my Grandpa wasn't feeling the best either.  

My Grandma had these Beautiful Daisies in our Room for us when we got there. She knows My Favorite Flower PINK DAISIES :) 
Photo: Pink daisies
Pink Daisies

We did Enjoy a lovely walk though. There are some really nice walking trails were my Grandparents stay. There are a few miles of nice paved walking trails plus a really nice board walk that is probably about 1/2 mile long. 

Awesome Board Walk

Friday we went out for breakfast and spent the day at the beach and then out for dinner in the evening it was a great relaxing day. I was able to get in nice 4.5 mile Run in the morning just on the nice Bay Forrest Trails. 
Just walkin'

Saturday was Bike Ride Morning for the Bay Forrest Bikers :) I was able to get in a 6 mile Run and then I was off with the group on a bike ride to Venetian Village our Round Trip Bike Ride was about 25 miles. Then my Grandma took me to the waterside shops a really neat mall in Naples we walked around and did a little shopping enjoyed an iced latte and dark chocolate grams from Starbucks as our afternoon snack YUM. There was this super CUTE North Face Jacket that I saw at Nordstrom's while we were shopping that I might order online. 
The North Face 'Penelope' Jacket available at Nordstrom
Sunday we Slept in and hung by the pool it was warm and we took the day day to relax, soak in sun and go for walks around the Condo area. 

Photo: Relaxing Sunday morning in Naples, FL
Morning Coffee On the Lanai -- So Good

                                      
Cool Tree

Monday Morning and our Last full day in Naples. My Grandpa took me to the Beach to Run in the morning and It was so awesome, I even saw some dolphins. I was able to get in just over 6 miles before it got to warm out. Then we were off to to beach we wanted get some more sun so we spent the afternoon at Barefoot Beach and we really got some color. 

Beach Run

Then in the evening we went to Naples Pier and out to eat at the Dock in Naples. We had a really great time on our little vacation to Florida. We had a chance to relax, run, and spend time in the Sun. :) It was also Great to Spend time with my Grand Parents, I think that they really enjoyed having the company and we enjoyed seeing them. 
Travis and Me

Grandma and Me




No comments:

Post a Comment